The Navi Mumbai Blog

Jan 23, 2010

I shifted to Navi Mumbai from western suburbs last November. And ever since the satellite city has been impressing me. Much lesser crowd, broader roads, less crowded trains, lesser pollution and population, bigger and better malls and Navi Mumbai's well-planned layout has made me much attached to the place. So I proudly say that I stay here.

Of course, with good things come some problems too. So there is this pathetic auto-rickshaw system with many rickshawallah's being the kings of their areas, charging half-return and exorbitant fares at some places and having that extra attitude 'jisko phone karna hai kar lo, idhar aisa hi hota hai'. I still can't believe that they refuse to go by meter from Seawoods to Koparkhairane, have fixed rates like Rs 140 - 160 and won't allow rickshaws from other areas to ferry passengers of their areas. While some other rickshawallahs are really nice. And then finding a good housemaid too is a tough task.

Well, as I gradually get absorbed in the Navi Mumbai culture, I intend to update you with the latest, the best and the worst of the place! See you again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Noblarum by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP